Calgary – Be one of the first to experience Indian Village and Sweetgrass Lodge in the new location of ENMAX Park.
The tour will include an intimate visit to Indian Village, presented by PennWest in the stunning riverside location. Visit the new Sweetgrass Lodge, learn of the tradition of sweetgrass burning, tour the 26 tipis and enjoy a tasty bannock sandwich.
A ceremonial blessing to recognize Suncor’s generous support of the Sweetgrass Lodge facility will start the tour.
WHAT: Indian Village Media Tour
WHEN: Wednesday, July 6 11:30 – 12:45
WHERE: Meet at 11:30, walk to ENMAX PARK at 11:45
MEETING PLACE: Stampede Headquarters
Note: Interview opportunities are available with:
- Cindy Provost (Aboriginal liaison officer)
- Kelly Good Eagle (Siksika Elder and Indian Events vice chair)
- Arlene Strom (Vice President sustainability & communications, Suncor)
- Warren Connell (CEO, Calgary Stampede)
- Reichel Poucette & Anthony Crowshoe (Anthony Breaker Young Wrangler Award winners –volunteer aged 25 years or younger embodying Calgary Stampede Indian Village spirit)
Interview and photo opportunities are available.
Please contact Neil Hilts at email@example.com or 403.261.0242 if you plan on attending in order to accommodate appropriate number of lunches.