Calgary – Calgary Stampede Lotteries is pleased to announce the winners of this year’s prizes including 21 year old Hayley Sandberg of Calgary, winner of the 2019 Dream Home by Homes by Avi.
“We have a diverse demographic of winners this year which goes to show that anyone can win!” says Edward Gordon, Chair of the Stampede Lotteries. “Young and old, everyone has the chance to win a prize that could change their lives— and to know that all proceeds from ticket purchases go back to the community is just as wonderful.”
The prize draw was made July 17, immediately following the 2019 Calgary Stampede. Winners include Hayley Sandberg notably this year’s youngest winner, who now owns a home at 21 years of age. Melina Scoville, a single mother from Lac La Biche, Alberta is the winner of the Truck and Fifth-Wheel prize package, and Calvin Lefurgey from Calgary, Alberta is excited to share the Truck and Toys prize package with his family.
This year’s 2019 Stampede Lotteries winners are:
- VIP Draw Prize Winner – $10,000 – Francis Porter, Calgary, AB
- 2019 Early Bird Prize – 2019 GMC Yukon SLE 4X4 – Clint and Deb Stankievech, Lethbridge, AB
- 2019 Showdown 50/50 Winner - $931,707.50 – Wilf Shaver, Rocky View County, AB
- 2019 Rotary Dream Home Winner – Hayley Sandberg, Calgary, AB
- 2019 Truck and Fifth-Wheel – Melina Scoville, Lac La Biche, AB
- 2019 Truck and Boat – Steve Parkin, Okotoks, AB
- 2019 Truck and Toys – Calvin Thomas Lefurgey, Calgary, AB
- 2019 Truck Prize – Justin Beneteau, Airdrie, AB
- 2019 Corvette Prize – Connor Longman, Calgary, AB
- 2019 Harley Davidson – Mike D’Attolico, Calgary, AB
- 2019 Bonus Prize – Doreen Campbell, Calgary, AB
At 3:00 p.m. today, July 23, the winners will officially receive their prizes at the Stampede Lotteries Winners’ Reception at Stampede Headquarters.
In partnership with Kinsmen Club of Calgary and the Rotary Club of Calgary South, more than $1.3 million was donated back into local charities and community outreach programs in 2018. Each purchase of a Stampede Lotteries ticket supports many charities and community outreach programs in our community, changing the lives of those within our city in positive ways.
About the Calgary Stampede
The Calgary Stampede celebrates the people, the animals, the land, the traditions and the values that make up the unique spirit of the west. The Calgary Stampede contributes to the quality of life in Calgary and southern Alberta through our world-renowned Stampede, year-round facilities, western events and several youth and agriculture programs. Exemplifying the theme We’re Greatest Together, we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that preserves and celebrates our western heritage, cultures and community spirit. All revenue is reinvested into Calgary Stampede programs and facilities.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Coordinator