Attendance numbers for: (July 10, 2019)
Stampede attendance Wednesday, July 10, 2019 124,596
Cumulative attendance for 2019: 764,129
Same day for 2018: 129,944
Daily decrease over 2018: (5,348)
Cumulative attendance for 2018: 781,982
Overall cumulative decrease of: (17,853)
Same day 5 year average: 123,345
Daily increase over 5 year average: 1,251
Cumulative attendance for 5 year average: 708,873
Overall cumulative increase of: 55,256
The Results Are In
Records were falling and scores rising on day six of the Calgary Stampede Rodeo. See the full story here
Rodeo results can be found here
Logan Gorst solidifies his lead in a lightning fast night of chuckwagon racing. See the full story here.
GMC Rangeland Derby Results can be found here
Wyoming dog and handler duo take home top prize in the Calgary Stampede World Stock Dog Championship. See the full story here
Agriculture Results can be found here
Best New Food on the Midway
Wednesday, July 10 - Best Meat Lovers
The Hangover Cure - Arepa Boss Booth 207 in Triple B
Don’t Miss This
The Market – Completely redesigned and reimagined for the ultimate “retailtainment” space!
- Farmers Market – produce vendor will now sell fresh produce at The Market.
- Makery – arts and crafts area for children and adults. Children create for free, evening adult crafts for purchase available – i.e. Wine and Paint night
- PLAY! – fully licensed by Palm Bay playground, hosts kids and adults with swing sets, teeter totters, hop-scotch, and more!
- Relaxation Zone – new zone added to The Market made specifically for guests to unwind and relax – 15 minute FREE massages given
- Maker Market – local artisans and vendors with locally made goods for purchase
- CHROMA – art installation that was present in South Centre Mall will be up in The Market – perfect for instagrammable moments
- Kitchen Theatre – fully licensed lounge with cocktails; watch favourite local chefs creating delicious meals.
- Atmosphere of The Market – indoor paradise with ‘dusk’ lighting, calm atmosphere to shop, relax, play and more
- Infomercial Retailers – iconic retailers from recognizable infomercials will still be present at The Market
Culinary and Cocktails – There is so much more to offer beyond the midway – experience some of Stampede’s elevated culinary and cocktail offerings at the brand new Bar 1912, the Western Oasis wine garden, The Big Four Roadhouse, Triple B, Stockyard Saloon and the brand new Jack Daniels “inside the Barrel” experience in the Grandstand.
- It is a tribute to Jack Daniel's world-renowned barrel. It provides guests with a unique experience that educates and celebrates one of the most unique aspects of the brand – the toasting and charring technique applied to the inside of every barrel. The Jack Daniel’s larger-than-life barrel invites whiskey aficionados to experience, through scent and flavour, the unique signature taste of Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof.
- Jack Daniels Bar featuring “Custom Cocktails”, Daily “Master Class Sessions” conducted before each show.
Relay Racing – Dressed in traditional regalia, five Indigenous teams will demonstrate their people’s connection to the horse and the fast-growing sport of Relay Racing as they circle the track in this exciting event. July 11 is the last day to see this showcase competition, immediately following the GMC Rangeland Derby.
8:00 p.m. – Bad Child
9:00 p.m. – Mother Mother
10:00 p.m. – Jess Moskaluke
Big Four Roadhouse
10:00 p.m. – Barney Bentall
- Blacksmith Showcase - Experience what blacksmithing is all about in the Blacksmith Demonstration area in Country Trail in the Agriculture Zone. 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
- Cowboy Up Challenge Finals - The Calgary Stampede Cowboy Up Challenge is a multi-faceted equestrian sporting event that showcases both horse and rider as they maneuver through a series of obstacles. Each obstacle demonstrates the horse's natural agility, the rider's horsemanship skills and a partnership based on trust. In the Sudden-Death Finals on July 11, the competitors will be competing for the $10,000 grand prize.
Meet the Community Engagement & Communications team
Jennifer Booth, Manager, Public Relations
T: 403.261.0327 C: 403.463.6834 E: email@example.com
Kristina Barnes, Communications Manager, Western Events and Agriculture
T: 403.261.0382 C: 403.585.4706 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lahia Girbick, Media Relations Coordinator (Entertainment)
T: 403.261.4114 C: 403.681.1992 E: email@example.com
Brooke Martine, Media Relations Coordinator (Agriculture and Western Competitions, WAMSB, Elbow River Camp)
T: 403.261.4113 C: 403.336.3979 E: firstname.lastname@example.org