Calgary – The Calgary Stampede is famous for its amazing food offerings and this year there are plenty of healthy food options for those with dietary restrictions and looking for lighter treats on the Midway.
“There is something to satisfy your Stampede food cravings while avoiding sensitivities or allergies,” says James Radke, midway operations manager. “Each year our vendors bring back mouthwatering meals, fresh salads and other healthy food options for you to try.”
Healthy Food Options
· Located in the new Triple B, Big Bubbas Bad BBQ & Juicys Outlaw Grill menus will feature healthier alternatives and gluten sensitive items such as BBQ skillets, chicken kabobs, corn on the cob, chicken and zucchini, baked potatoes and salads.
· Winner of the 2013 Best Alternative Food Option, Wrap Daddy’s is back again. Located near the Big Four Building, they are serving up gluten sensitive wraps, vegetarian wraps and their newest addition, Thai noodle wraps.
· For Mexican and Indian food lovers, Naaco Truck has nearly something for everyone and will be dishing up naan bread tacos with scrumptious stuffing’s like chicken, tofu and chickpeas. Most of the menu items served here can be adjusted for food sensitivity concerns. Find them near the south side of the Corral.
· Joey’s Urban will be bringing a little sea food flair to Stampede Park. Try their delicious sushi, mahi mahi tacos, tuna tacos, green salad and more. Check them out at their two locations on Park in the Double Decker Bus near the Corral and in the BMO Centre.
· If you’re looking for a sweet treat, visit Sugar Creek Kettle Corn for melt-in-your-mouth kettle corn or a refreshing lemonade shake up in unique flavours like Saskatoon Berry. Find them near Nashville North and the Coca-Cola Stage.
· C’s Gourmet Grill or Skewers Authentic Greek Wraps will be able satisfy your Mediterranean craving. These vendors have a variety of donairs, gyros and Greek salads.
· Other delicious international booths include Salt Spring Noodle Bar offering vegetarian Pad Thai and Soy Sesame dishes cooked in water instead of oil and Jamaican Mi Juicy with Jamaican jerk chicken wraps.
Visit The Range at the lower level of the Big Four Building for an incredible combination of artisan food vendors along with some iconic big brand names to find additional healthy food options.
For more information about the Calgary Stampede, July 4-13, please visit calgarystampede.com.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Coordinator