Calgary – The 36 best chuckwagon drivers in North America will stand up on stage at the Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park on Thursday, March 21, 2019 for the 2019 Calgary Stampede Canvas Auction, presented by GMC.

In recognition of the cultural, historic and sporting significance of chuckwagon racing in our community, advertisers will bid for the right to showcase their brand on a chuckwagon canvas at the 2019 Calgary Stampede. A successful bid also secures the exclusive opportunity to host guests behind-the-scenes in the chuckwagon barn area. 80 per cent of the auction proceeds go directly to the drivers, supporting the care of their horses throughout the entire racing season. The remaining 20 per cent is reinvested by the Calgary Stampede into the sport through prize money, safety and programming initiatives.

Note: Media will need to pre-register to ensure a spot in the Boyce Theatre for the auction. Please contact Kristina Barnes kbarnes@calgarystampede.com to arrange accreditation.  If you have any questions, need assistance with arranging interviews, or have technical requirements, please don’t hesitate to ask.

WHAT:      Calgary Stampede Canvas Auction, presented by GMC

WHEN:     Thursday, March 21, 2019  

                       Doors open: 3:30 p.m.

                       Auction: 5 p.m.

WHERE:  Boyce Theatre, Stampede Park

About the Calgary Stampede

The Calgary Stampede celebrates the people, the animals, the land, the traditions and the values that make up the unique spirit of the west.  The Calgary Stampede contributes to the quality of life in Calgary and southern Alberta through our world-renowned 10-day Stampede, year-round facilities, western events and several youth and agriculture programs. Exemplifying the theme We’re Greatest Together; we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that preserves and promotes western heritage and values.  All revenue is reinvested into Calgary Stampede programs and facilities.

For more information, please contact:

Kristina Barnes,

Communications Manager

Calgary Stampede 

Office: 403.261.0382          

Cell: 403.585.4706             

kbarnes@calgarystampede.com