Calgary – The 2019 Calgary Stampede media accreditation is now open! The Stampede welcomes media interest in our world-class event happening July 5-14, 2019.
We are now accepting media accreditation applications. The deadline to apply is Friday, May 24, 2019.
Please note, media accreditation will only be provided to working media on assignment at the Calgary Stampede. Please read the guidelines, and fill out the online application form here: http://news.calgarystampede.com/resources/accreditation.
To apply, you will need to provide the following in the application form:
- A current photo for all individuals seeking accreditation. If you received accreditation in 2018 we will use your 2018 photo.
- Freelancers, bloggers and digital journalists applying for accreditation must provide a letter of assignment from an official publisher or editor on official company letterhead confirming your assignment to cover the Calgary Stampede. The letter must include the following information:
- The type, extent and focus of the planned coverage
- The primary market, circulation size and target audience of the outlet
- The publication time of the planned coverage
- For online media: Information on publication frequency, average number of daily hits and visitor statistics (unique visitors and page views) is required
Please note non-editorial or commercial use of any pictures or film is prohibited without prior consent of the Calgary Stampede; therefore photographers, without an assignment letter will not be granted accreditation.
Thank you. We look forward to seeing you at The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth!
About the Calgary Stampede
The Calgary Stampede celebrates the people, the animals, the land, the traditions and the values that make up the unique spirit of the west. The Calgary Stampede contributes to the quality of life in Calgary and southern Alberta through our world-renowned 10-day Stampede, year-round facilities, western events and several youth and agriculture programs. Exemplifying the theme We’re Greatest Together; we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that preserves and promotes western heritage and values. All revenue is reinvested into Calgary Stampede programs and facilities.
For more information, please contact: