Nominate a community visionary for a Western Legacy Award
Nominate a community visionary today! The Western Legacy Awards honour individuals and organizations in Calgary and the surrounding area for their outstanding contributions in promoting western values and preserving western heritage within the community.
Past recipients of the awards include Bill Dunn, a rancher, western historian, teacher and museum advisor whose restoration of weathered wagon wheels now mark the old Macleod Trail from Fort Benton, Mont. to Fort Edmonton, Alta. And, RCMP Veterans for their volunteer contribution for more than 125 years, including welcoming visitors and educating the public at Fort Calgary.
Submit your nominations now. The deadline for entry is Sunday, July 14, 2013.
Nominate someone you know in one of three award categories:
- Sustained contribution:recognizes an individual or group who has exhibited extraordinary community support over a number of years.
- Innovation: recognizes an individual or group that has created a single visionary project that speaks to our western values.
- Youth: recognizes youth who have demonstrated their commitment to making a difference in the community.
Complete the online form now to share how your nominee exemplifies the Calgary Stampede’s values of promoting western hospitality, pride of place, integrity and commitment to community.
- To learn more about the Western Legacy Awards, and to learn about past recipients, visit our website.
- An independent jury reviews and vets all nominations.
- All nominators are eligible to win a 2014 Calgary Stampede prize package. The draw for the prize package will be made at the 2013 Western Legacy Awards event on Tuesday, October 8, 2013.