The design team behind TAILS: Three Horses. One Legend.
Calgary – A world renowned group of individuals is creating one of the most memorable equine productions in Calgary Stampede history – TAILS: Three Horses. One Legend. The collaboration of a multitude of talents has led to an unparalled spectacle. Each member of the design team lends a different expertise – creating a multifaceted experience for the audience that has never been seen before.
“We have been so fortunate to work with such creative and talented individuals on TAILS,” says Dan Finley, executive producer, TAILS. “The variety of specialized talent that we have working on this production is incredible. Every aspect of this show from the set design, to lighting and to video design, is being taken care of by the best in their respective fields.”
Each individual on the design team comes from a diverse background with resumes that gleam as bright as the shiny coats of the stars of the new ENMAX Corral Show. The accomplished team includes Dan Finley, Michael Barnard, Robert Kovach, Alec Harrison, Eric Fortin, Deb Howard, Michael Eddy, John Cameron and Debrah Opsahl-Macdonald.
- Dan Finley, executive producer, has been working with the Calgary Stampede for over 15 years and is well versed in all things related to entertainment at The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth.
- Michael Barnard, artistic director, brings a vast amount of experience from large scale productions, having directed productions for Walt Disney and Universal Studios.
- Robert Kovach, set designer, has worked on Broadway, television and various country music concert productions.
- Alec Harrison, composer, has written original music for film, television, video and commercials including TSN, Dreamworks and 20th Century Fox.
- Eric Fortin, technical director, is the founder of Piedestal Productions which specializes in entertainment production, corporate events and multimedia content. He has previously worked on acrobatic and ice shows.
- Deb Howard, production manager, has 19 years of experience as a stage manager for large scale productions.
- Michael Eddy, lighting designer, has designed lights for over 400 productions and events in his nearly 20-year career.
- John Cameron, video designer, has worked with local and international clients such as ESPN, ABC, CBC and SuperBowl XL.
- Deborah Opsahl-MacDonald, talent advisor, has led an exciting event management career. She has worked on large scale productions such as the Canadian Country Music Awards and the Canadian Figure Skating Championships.
For more information, please contact:
Media Relations Coordinator