2017 Calgary Stampede media accreditation is now open! The Calgary Stampede welcomes media interest in our world-class event and we do our best to accommodate media coverage wherever possible.
Media accreditation is reserved for reporters, writers, videographers, producers, and photographers who are working for a bona fide media outlet. In an effort to enhance the experience of our working media, accreditation will not be provided to advertising, sales, marketing, and administrative staff in 2017.
Freelancers, bloggers and digital journalists applying for accreditation must provide a letter of assignment from an official publisher or editor with clear assignment details, or provide a detailed explanation of planned coverage. While all applications will be reviewed and considered, we reserve the right to approve or deny any media accreditation application.
Media Accreditation Policy
Please be aware and follow our media accreditation policy:
- Accreditation will only be given to working media on assignment.
- Accreditation cannot be shared, sold or extended to co-workers, family or friends.
- Filming access of the Rodeo, Chuckwagon Races and Grandstand show will be limited – CBC is the exclusive rights holder for filming these events, and therefore, filming or recording of these events is not permitted. Footage can be purchased through our broadcasting department.
- Non-editorial or commercial use of any pictures or film is prohibited without prior consent of the Calgary Stampede.
- Media accreditation passes must be worn at all times while on Stampede Park.
- Accredited media are expected to cooperate with the procedures at the gates and security checkpoints of Stampede Park, and must treat the individuals working in these areas with courtesy and respect.
- Lost or stolen media accreditation must be immediately reported to a media relations coordinator; these passes will be cancelled and a new pass may be re-issued.
- Extensive consideration has been put into assigning accreditation zones; please respect the zones you have been accredited for. If you require specific access to an area during a specific date/time, and have not been accredited for this zone, please contact a media relations coordinator. Your additional request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Accredited media who do not comply with this policy will, without warning, have their media accreditation withdrawn. Any questions or concerns should be raised with a media relations coordinator.
To apply for 2017 media accreditation, fill out the application form here.
- You will be notified about the status of your application via email once it has been processed.
- Accreditation will be available for pick-up in late June. You will be notified directly via email of the specific date and location of media accreditation pick-up.