Calgary – Here is your chance to help put on ‘The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth’. The Calgary Stampede Parade Committee is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist on Parade Day, July 8, 2016.
The Calgary Stampede Parade relies on its street marshals to ensure that spectators and Parade participants have a safe and enjoyable Parade experience. Street marshals are responsible for the following:
- Help achieve a safe and successful parade by keeping spectators off the parade route, and providing assistance to the nearest first responder in case of emergency or when required;
- Keeping spectators entertained prior to arrival of the Parade; and
- Providing hospitality in the form of answering questions, providing direction and ensuring everyone is having a great time.
Parade Breakfast Volunteers
Every year, the Parade Committee kicks off Parade Day with a traditional Calgary Stampede breakfast for volunteers and Parade participants. Parade breakfast volunteers are responsible for the following:
- Cooking pancakes, sausages and hash brown patties;
- Serving food, juice, plates, cutlery and condiments;
- Keeping the cooking and serving areas safe for everyone;
- Keeping the cooking, serving and eating table areas clean; and
- Ensuring that the breakfast area at Fort Calgary is left as clean as we found it.
The Calgary Stampede Parade relies on its many volunteers to make the Parade a success. The best part is there is no experience required for these positions. All we ask for is the enthusiasm to help “Get the Show on the Road”!
Applications for these and other volunteer opportunities may be submitted online at: http://corporate.calgarystampede.com/getting-involved/volunteering/volunteering-opportunites.html
For more information and updates about the Calgary Stampede Parade:
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/csparade
Follow us on Twitter: @CSParade
Follow us on Instagram: @CSParade
Visit us at: parade.calgarystampede.com
About the Calgary Stampede:
The Calgary Stampede celebrates the people, the animals, the land, the traditions and the values that make up the unique spirit of the west. The Calgary Stampede contributes to the quality of life in Calgary and southern Alberta through our world-renowned Stampede, year-round facilities, western events and several youth and agriculture programs. Exemplifying the theme We’re Greatest Together; we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that preserves and promotes western heritage and values. All revenue is reinvested into Calgary Stampede programs and facilities.
- 30 -
For more information, please contact:
Media Coordinator – Stampede Parade Committee